crazy

share with friends

random notes for today:

envelopes

If you ordered an art print last week and have not yet received it : IT IS ON ITS WAY!

. . . . . . . . . . .

seven

My baby is S E V E N today. Seven! I get teary just thinking about how fast he has grown. I don’t know why I get so sappy on my baby’s birthdays : don’t I want them to grow and flourish? Of course! But there is something slightly mournful about knowing my son will never be little again. I guess that is why they say “cherish every moment”.

6 mo rocking

hammock

shaving creammy boy

I could not love this boy more. He was the sweetest baby, the most delightful toddler and now a kind, smart, goofy and amazingly creative big kid. I’m pretty proud to be his momma.  See? I’m crying.

. . . . . . . . . . .

I had a minor break down on monday {although I’m pretty sure my husband would not call it minor}. Sometimes I just get a little overwhelmed by life and responsibilities and all my to-dos and asking for help is not my greatest strength. While I may look like I’m good at balancing marriage and kids and business and hobbies, I can assure you I struggle mightily.

IMG_9241

So monday after calming down, I created a calendar for myself to help avoid said meltdowns.  If you would like to print your own, I’m happy to share. You can download the pdf file, save to your computer and print them weekly to help you {and me} stay organized.

archive-free-access

. . . . . . . . . . .

Once again, thank you for all of your nice comments, your amazing encouragement to me, your support of my business and my blog.  I am so thankful for the many ways you bless me.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

95 Responses to crazy

1. sarah February 3, 2011 at 10:58 am #

How beautiful! Thanks so much!

2. christy February 3, 2011 at 11:00 am #

oh gosh emily, I sooooo totally understand all of this! My oldest turned 7 in December, and while I am so proud of the young lady she is becoming – it pains me to see her grow so fast! Yesterday we were snowed in and spent the afternoon watching old videos of the kiddos when they were little. To see them as babies and chubby little toddlers brought tears to my eyes. Time flies, huh?

I just LOVE that first pic of you and your sweet family. I love all your pics! Thanks for the cute printable and sharing your sweet mama heart with all of us. Just know you are definitely not alone in your struggles. Hugs to you!

Here’s one of my favorite sayings (not sure where it came from) “the days are long, but the years are short.” So true!

3. Bethany February 3, 2011 at 11:02 am #

Thank you for the calendar… I especially enjoy the reminder at the bottom of the sheet! ;) Before heading to the blog today I was thinking how happy I am that your shop is up and running but sad because it means less blog posts (I’m slightly addicted to your site!) and lo and behold the title is crazy!

4. Mindy February 3, 2011 at 11:12 am #

I understand completely… We try to be strong all the way around but it is so hard. I also have a hard time asking for help and I don’t even want to think about my babies getting older. Sometimes I get so excited and then I get sad. What a roller coaster, but gotta love the ride.

5. Shelley Heck February 3, 2011 at 11:22 am #

I had the same day yesterday and I appreciate so much that you are so real life about it on your blog. Meltdowns are part of normal life around here. Between myself and my dramatic little mini-me 3 year old girl. My poor husband….I’m waiting for his meltdown one day! Love the calendars! I’m printing mine out today!! Thank you!

6. Amanda - VintageDutchGirl February 3, 2011 at 11:28 am #

So, you had a breakdown Monday? Mine hit Sunday night! I FEEL you girlfriend! This dreary pacific NW weather doesn’t help, either, does it?

Thank you for the calender, I think I’ll use one as a to-do with kids, appts etc, then use another one as a cleaning/house/crafting/etsy stuff organizer. Cause my brain can’t do it by itself :)

Happy birthday to your seven year old sweetie :)

7. Priscilla February 3, 2011 at 11:30 am #

Emily, {I say this as if we’re the best of friends! HA!} eventhough you have breakdowns, minor breakdowns, it inspired you to make this super cute calendar, and you’re so sweet to share it, too. Don’t be too hard on yourself! Thanks again for inspiring me and sharing again!

8. Megan February 3, 2011 at 11:38 am #

I LOVE the verse at the bottom. What a great reminder. I finally bought a day planner for the first time since college and let me tell you, it filled up FAST. I’m thinking about doing a chalkboard wall in my kitchen with a permanent monthly calendar. Gone are the good ole days where I could keep it all in my head!

9. Rebecca February 3, 2011 at 11:41 am #

Thank you! I have been slacking on getting a calendar because cheap and picky are a bad combo. I especially love the “pray for” part!

10. I Live in an Antbed February 3, 2011 at 11:43 am #

What a precious little guy!!! Hope he has a wonderful birthday. I understand, we have seven children, ages 23 down to 10, and as hard as it is not to have little ones anymore, each stage bears the most incredible fruit! And as you see them become amazing men and women for the Lord, your mother-heart expands exponentially! Now our oldest is married and expecting our first grandson!! And my heart gets to grow even more!

11. Raechel February 3, 2011 at 11:43 am #

I am also a little addicted to your blog! You have inspired me in so many ways and I appreciate it so much. Thanks for the calendar too!

12. Kimber-Leigh February 3, 2011 at 11:44 am #

my oldest turned seven in october so i know exactly how you feel. there is such a delicate balance and longing between wanting them to stay little and desiring to see the person they are becoming. seven is a fun year though. trust me.

and thank you for the calendar. the moment i saw it, i hoped you would share :) i gave up my depended-upon-since-i-was-in-7th grade planner/daytimer this year to try out using my ipad as a planner. but it would be great to have something visual to see all the time as well. so thanks again!

13. Robin @ keep home simple February 3, 2011 at 12:02 pm #

Emily,
    As I read your blog you seem like super woman. You’re a sweet mom, you’re beautiful, you’re creative, you have a sweet family, beautiful home, you’re a woman of faith and you seem to be on top of the world. But it’s nice to know that not all of these things come easy. It’s nice to know that you’re human too :)
    Thank you for the calendar. It’s beautiful and I’m totally going to print one out this week and use it before I lose my mind with all of my to-do’s as well.
    Have a great week!
    ~Robin

14. Kelly February 3, 2011 at 12:03 pm #

Thanks for sharing! I just found your blog a week or so ago and am hooked and inspired!! THANK YOU!!

15. Molly February 3, 2011 at 12:08 pm #

I found your blog from ohdeedoh’s post about your daughter’s nursery, and now I’m hooked.
    You have inspired me to get more creative with my open shelving in our kitchen and to work harder at getting scripture all over our house!
    Thanks for the calendar, I’m definitely going to use it.
    And I hope to buy some of your art/cards soon!
    The end,
    Molly

16. jenn m February 3, 2011 at 12:13 pm #

thank you so much for the calendar! i love it!
    i can completely understand breakdowns – and i’m only juggling marriage, a pet and work (not kids or my own business!) we’re all there at some point! i hope you’re feeling better soon! :)

17. Joy February 3, 2011 at 12:14 pm #

Thank you Emily! I had a day like that too. I’m trying to be all techno organized so I’ve been keeping a calendar on my ipad….BUT I hit something and was in the WRONG WEEK ALL DAY yesterday! I can’t win for losing. I think it’s back to the printed calendar and a sharpie for me!!

18. emily February 3, 2011 at 12:34 pm #

just so you all know … I AM wearing a dress in that first photo of our little family. It is just strapless …

19. Joanna February 3, 2011 at 12:44 pm #

you have such a beautiful family Emily :) Thank you so much for the downloadable weekly calendar – I especially love that there’s room to write down prayer requests!

20. Cat from Constant in Chaos February 3, 2011 at 1:12 pm #

ha ha! i CRACKED up when I saw the little comment. I didn’t even notice. I had to scroll back up and then think about how it sort-of did look like you could have been naked! but, we all know you weren’t! :) i feel the same way and I commit to WAY too much. I can’t believe everything I have my hand in. Isn’t the blog world and it’s women (and our readers) such great encouragement!? Love the printable…thank you! xo, cat

21. Julia February 3, 2011 at 1:13 pm #

Thanks so much Emily…I am going to print this out and use it right away! I feel like you do so often!! What a special wee, though, for your son. You have a beautiful family. Thanks again for the great calendar:).

~Julia

PS: I am going to post about this…is it OK to use one of your pictures?

22. Cassidy February 3, 2011 at 1:16 pm #

Thank you for this!!!!!

23. Laura Smith February 3, 2011 at 1:21 pm #

Although I do not wish the trial on anyone…it does make you a slightly more human stranger out there in the world! With all of your talents and beautiful children a husband and home to take care of its no wonder you feel stressed it happens when you put your whole heart in all that you do! Hoping you get a break soon! I was just wishing for a calendar to make my days weeks…heck even minutes less of a mess! Thanks and hang in there we are rooting for you! ;)

24. Dana February 3, 2011 at 1:26 pm #

I have meltdowns too {and I don’t even have kids yet! ha!} I think it’s just one of those things we do to get everything out of our system and then amazingly we feel better. So crazy! And thank you so much for the cute calendar – you’re so creative! Have a great day :)

25. Jesse {Good Girl Gone Glad} February 3, 2011 at 1:33 pm #

I am the very same way! I get all choked up when my babies have… well almost anything happen. =) But seven does seem so much older than 6. Don’t know why that is. My oldest is 6 and I have a feeling when he turns seven this year I will be on big ball bag. =)

26. Meg February 3, 2011 at 1:33 pm #

I hate that you had a meltdown, but to be honest, it helps me. When I see people who appear to have it all together (even though I don’t think anyone does), then I get so jealous and envious. Some might call it sin, but let’s not get too deep. Anyways, it’s just great to hear people that I look up to (even though I’ve never met you) be real about their meltdowns. Mine was yesterday. ;)

27. gwendolyn February 3, 2011 at 1:40 pm #

{notes to send, pray for}…o.m.w. this is exactly what i need! making my day right here!

28. jolene February 3, 2011 at 1:45 pm #

~ I love that next to your calendar…. is a “keep calm and carry on” print!

29. denise sabia February 3, 2011 at 1:45 pm #

just what I needed, I think I’ve had a meltdown every day this week!
    d e n i s e

30. paige February 3, 2011 at 1:54 pm #

emily, that first image of you three is gorgeous!! what a good looking little family :)
    please dont rush my images…you can just send them with the stationary. no hurry what so ever. i totally understand.
    love the calender & thankyou!

31. Lorrie February 3, 2011 at 1:56 pm #

We all have days like that. And I get teary-eyed thinking about my babies’ birthdays – and they are all in their 20s. Oh my.
    Lists and schedules are my thing – frees up the brain from trying to keep it all in order. Thank you.

32. Kim February 3, 2011 at 2:14 pm #

I KNOW IT!!! Blink and they are big :0( – my youngest turned seven this year… GREAT age!!! Thanks so much for the calendars, what a treat!

33. Jadyn February 3, 2011 at 2:46 pm #

Thank you for the download! You are so generous. I don’t have children of my own, but I can certainly imagine there must be many emotions involved in watching them grow up! You have such a beautiful family. And juggling it all…yes, it can be so hard! My husband has told me in the last week that I seem to be really down on myself, and he’s right. It seems sometimes that the harder I work, the more I feel like a bit of a failure! Weird, right? I’m glad you got through your little breakdown and I am sure I’ll get through my little funk too. I’ll start with printing out your calendar and planning my next week ~ thanks again…xo

34. michelle @ this little light February 3, 2011 at 3:08 pm #

Thank you for sharing your wonderful talents with us! I’m glad you had your freak-out. They’re cathartic {I think} and always serve to set us back on the right path. Enjoy your day and Happy, Happy Birthday to your beautiful BIG baby boy!

35. Kirsty February 3, 2011 at 3:08 pm #

Yay for a calendar! Thanks Emily! Btw-love your art prints!!

36. Krystak Wight Armstrong February 3, 2011 at 3:10 pm #

Aw, he realy is an amazingly cute kid! Love that shaving cream photo, so funny :)
    I think we can all relate to the ‘overwhelmingness’ sometimes…hope the schedule cools down for you soon & you’re able to enjoy it all!

37. patricia February 3, 2011 at 3:10 pm #

I love your honesty. I think we all have our moments in trying to live up to so many expectations.
    One thing that helps me is to remind myself that we are all “crazy loved” by God and that keeps me going. A parent’s love is deep and then on top of that multiply God’s love. Does that help?
    I am crazy about your glorious weekly lovely planner. I printed it out and am filling it in…
    pve

38. Diane February 3, 2011 at 3:12 pm #

Love, love, love this calendar!
    Love that you included “pray for” and “notes to send” <3
    Thanks for sharing!

39. Debbie Dabbs February 3, 2011 at 3:15 pm #

Emily, you are so beautiful inside and out. We, your readers, feel like we do know you, and view you as a special friend. How wonderful is that! Happy Birthday to that precious boy of 7, what a blessing and privilidge to be a mom. It’s very apparent you are a wonderful wife and mother, we all have meltdowns, get bogged down in obligations and responsibilities. You handle it all well, while sharing with all of us when you struggle, and when you fly! You truly are always generous with us from this great calendar (thank you!), to the gift tags at Christmas. I’ve enjoyed the beautiful note cards that you also taught us to embelish….to your art prints. Keep it up….we love it all!

40. Amy February 3, 2011 at 3:23 pm #

My oldest turned 8 in december, I almost had a mental breakdown. Ya’lls family is beautiful and I know how much you must love raising all those little ones.

41. Nicki February 3, 2011 at 3:50 pm #

Hi Emily! It’s crazy how fast kids grow up! I don’t have any of my own, but plenty of nieces and nephews and I can’t get over how big and fast they are all growing up. Your post was beautiful today. Life is always crazy and there’s always a million things going on, but everything seems to work out in the end. Thanks for the calendar download, I’m always a fan of everything you do! Keep your head up…you do really great things and inspire people everyday whether you intend to or not.

42. kirbie February 3, 2011 at 3:59 pm #

Yes, time flies! You have such beautiful children. They are blessed to have such a wonderful mother. Keep up the awesome job!

43. Lauren February 3, 2011 at 4:07 pm #

Your blog is amazing! I’m a new follower and am amazed at your daily accomplishments. You are an inspiration. A new to do calendar and a cup cake are the cures to a melt down.

44. marion February 3, 2011 at 4:09 pm #

Thank you for the awesome weekly calendar! I’ve actually been looking for something like this to post in my office. It is my personal belief that every woman needs a good meltdown once in a while. It certainly brings everything into perspective.

And happy birthday to your handsome little man!!!

45. Lisa February 3, 2011 at 4:11 pm #

Thanks so much for the calendar download!

46. Megan February 3, 2011 at 4:12 pm #

I also had a “minor” break down this week… hubby told me to get take out for dinner so I could take one of the items off the pile of crap to do. lol.

the calendar is a fabulous idea… I am needing that at this point in time. SO many things to do in the next couple weeks- and no guarantee it will calm down at all after that. *sigh* its better than being bored though! right?

47. Rebecca M. February 3, 2011 at 4:12 pm #

Oh my goodness! This is exactly what I needed! I was just thinking last week (in my own craziness) that I needed to make something like this. As I scrolled down and saw yours, I loved it…love the color of the edges, love the layout, love the “to do”, “pray for”, and “notes to send” sections (you seriously must have been reading my mind!) and love the spot to right in the dates! LOVE IT! THEN…I scrolled down further and realized I could download it…for FREE! Thank you for your generosity and your fabulous talent! I have little ones also, and I am trying to find the joy in our everday routines and to do lists…this little bit of organization will help tremendously! : ) I am big on doing things in order of priority to help me get through my week, and this will be great to be able to see the week in review…stuff that I don’t necessarily need or want on my calendar…FABULOUS! Thank you, thank you! : ) Also, I hope your week has gotten better…you just made mine a bit brighter! : )

48. Cheri February 3, 2011 at 4:12 pm #

I so look forward to your “posts”! I can always relate to you whether it’s crafty, design, style, organization or just the mother side. Thank you for being normal and human. Hang in there! PS-Love the photos-what a cutie!

49. Julie February 3, 2011 at 4:13 pm #

It is hard to do it all. I think you’re doing an amazing job. Thanks for all of the great ideas you share on your blog.
    ~ Julie

50. Adrianne February 3, 2011 at 4:29 pm #

Awesome calendar. And congrats to you on your son’s birthday! You and your blog are such a huge inspiration to me, especially as a new mom.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. 31 days to {a better} ordinary :: day 1 calendar system - September 30, 2011

[...] to prepare a weekly calendar that I’m sure to see and use every day. I just started using a free printable weekly calendar from my new favorite blog. I love it. LOVE. IT. As a matter of fact, I think I’m going to [...]

2. 31 days to {a better} ordinary :: day 3 ~ weekly calendar - Gospel Homemaking - June 22, 2013

[...] Photo: Jones Design Company [...]