Summer is in full swing over here and we couldn’t be happier about it. I wanted to pop in and say hi and chat about a couple of random topics, so I locked the kids inside (not really, but kind of) and filmed a quick coffee chat on the front porch.
Grab your cup of coffee and let’s chat!
MENTIONED IN THE VIDEO
- Someday I’ll put together a GUIDE TO VISITING SEATTLE (because you really should come visit!). Until then, I found these posts that are full of great suggestions: 24 Hours In Seattle, Seattle City Guide, City Guide: Seattle
- We can’t get enough LA CROIX around our house (as seen below). My favorite is the fancy Curate version in Mure Pepino (aka cucumber blackberry).
- I recently read THE LIGHT BETWEEN OCEANS (but I don’t recommend the audio version) and A BRIDGE ACROSS THE OCEAN. I have read almost all of Susan Meissner’s books and love them all. Especially this one.
- Currently, I’m reading VICTORIA by Daisy Goodwin and am very tempted to quit. I read An American Heiress and enjoyed it, but this one is taking me forever to get through. Do you quit books?
- My friend, ANNE (who writes The Modern Mrs. Darcy) has a fantastic Summer Reading Guide. Get it here.
- If you haven’t watched yet, try THE CROWN.
- I’m going to finish my book and then watch the show – VICTORIA on PBS.
- Things that are keeping the kids busy: CARDBOARD + DUCT TAPE.
- They have created the most elaborate shields, helmets, swords, weaponry. Their little cousin came over and they dressed him up and spent hours outside playing like this.
- The only problem with all this cardboard + duct tape creation is the mess it makes (which I’m trying to get over). Currently our dining room/Armory looks like this:
- This week, the kids have been in to POLYMER CLAY.
- Our baby nephew, Ryan, has us all smitten. If you need me, I’ll probably be sitting outside under the shade snuggling him while the kids are swimming in the lake and Ryan and his brother are outfitting an old bike with pool noodles so it will float when they ride it off the dock into the water (very true story, as seen here).
- I’m wearing THESE GINGHAM SHORTS and a no-longer-available shirt from MADEWELL in the video. And sitting on THESE ROCKING CHAIRS.
Enjoy your weekend, my friends!