I broke all my rules and have not stuck to my once-a-week Coffee Chat. I promise I have good reason and I’ll tell you all about it next week!
For now, enjoy the pitter-patter of rain and me in a ridiculous rain coat hood because I took this episode outdoors for a taste of Seattle-life.
Grab your cup of coffee and let’s chat!
MENTIONED IN THE VIDEO
- We’re expecting a big storm in Seattle. Which means all the pretty leaves will be on the ground in no time.
- Stormy days call for CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP.
- I’m such a fan of everything INA GARTEN makes. Her collection of COOKBOOKS are my go-to.
- Need a little help figuring out your decorating style and bringing it to life in your home? SIMPLIFIED DECORATING is for you and it’s coming soon! See the other CLASSES here.
- LONGHORNS in the bedroom and the conversation that followed.
- The current novel that I’m thoroughly enjoying is MUDBOUND by Hillary Jordan. Here’s the snippet from Amazon:
“In Jordan’s prize-winning debut, prejudice takes many forms, both subtle and brutal. It is 1946, and city-bred Laura McAllan is trying to raise her children on her husband’s Mississippi Delta farm―a place she finds foreign and frightening. In the midst of the family’s struggles, two young men return from the war to work the land. Jamie McAllan, Laura’s brother-in-law, is everything her husband is not―charming, handsome, and haunted by his memories of combat. Ronsel Jackson, eldest son of the black sharecroppers who live on the McAllan farm, has come home with the shine of a war hero. But no matter his bravery in defense of his country, he is still considered less than a man in the Jim Crow South. It is the unlikely friendship of these brothers-in-arms that drives this powerful novel to its inexorable conclusion.”
I have fun news to share with you next week so check back on Monday! Have a cozy weekend and thanks for chatting!