Welcome to the first Coffee Chat of the new year!
The purpose behind a Coffee Chats is to pretend like we’re old friends chatting and sharing coffee. These are the types of things we might discuss.
If you’re new to these videos, know this: I literally write a few notes about topics, press record on the camera and start talking. I do it in one take and even if I say lots of ums or forget the name of a show … I carry on. It feels natural and genuine, which is totally what I am going for with these.
Also know that I love getting your questions and suggestions for things you want to chat about in upcoming episodes. Let me know if you have anything to talk about in the comments.
Okay, let’s get right to it!
(The sound is not great. I’m very sorry about that)
MENTIONED IN THE VIDEO
- We have a new house! See it HERE.
- The latest HOUSE TOUR.
- The garage all set up as a studio! We’re in the middle of a fun project with Ryan’s mom. I’ll tell you more about it soon!
- My favorite Christmas gift: THIS ELECTRIC BLANKET
- Have you watched THE CROWN yet? It’s so good. Very historical fiction about the life of Queen Elizabeth.
- Michael Pollan’s documentary series COOKED was super interesting.
- THE GREAT BRITISH BAKING SHOW is so darling and makes me wish I could bake all day long.
- The kids’ PLAYROOM IS IN A MAGAZINE! I Did It! by Better Homes + Gardens is on sale now. Here are some closeups of when the original article ran.
- Are you still looking for a 2017 planner? I just picked up THIS AGENDA by Sugar Paper and think it is great. I also use their month-by-month calendar but I’m not finding that one online.
- Just call my Crazy Auntie Emily. I have a BELOVED PENCIL and I’m slightly protective.
- Have you claimed you free Mrs. Meyer’s dish soap, hand soap, lotion, set of sponges and carrying caddy yet? If not, you can still get the free gift when you sign up for Grove Collective before January 8th. DETAILS HERE.
- Curious … how do you feel about sponges? Helpful or super gross?
- Just because maybe someone will ask, the shirt I’m wearing is THIS ONE from Loft. And, hey! It’s on sale!
Happy Friday, everyone! Hope you enjoyed our chat today. If there is anything you’d like to talk about in an upcoming episode, let me know in the comments below.