Welcome to the newest edition of Coffee Chat.
I like to think of us as friends and even though we may never get to sit down with a cup of coffee together and talk about life, this is my attempt to bring that conversation to the blog.
Before we get into today’s episode, can I be honest for a second?
I love doing coffee chats, but I just haven’t been able to record these past few weeks. Sometimes life is just hard and putting on a peppy face and talking about the little things in life has not been where my heart is. Of course there is good mixed in with the hard, and I always want to be a person who can find beauty and joy in all circumstances. But I also need to honor the times in life when peppiness is not genuine. So that’s why it’s been a few weeks since our last chat …
But today I’m back.
We celebrated our oldest son’s 13th birthday last night and it was so meaningful and special that I just had to share.
So today’s episode is about why and how and a few of the wise words that were spoken as we celebrated our sweet teenager.
MENTIONED IN THE VIDEO:
- Studio progress is slow, but soon I’ll get it put together.
- We picked a carpet! Now the hard work of removing all the furniture, taking off the trim and pulling out the old carpet …
- For more on the Bat and Bar Mitzvah traditions.
- Paige Knudsen is so wise and loving. Check out her blog for gorgeous images and sweet words about motherhood.
- BeautyCounter is a skincare and makeup company with the amazing mission to get safe products for our skin into the marketplace. I have used many items and love them all. Right now I’m especially into the lipgloss in peony.
Thanks for watching, my friends!
As always, please leave any questions, thoughts or future coffee chat topics you would like to discuss in the comments.