Over the last few days, I’ve received quite a few questions about bread-making. I’m new to this whole thing, but I’m happy to share all I know (so far!) with you, as well as what recipes I’m using.
So in today’s Coffee Chat, come into my kitchen and let’s talk about bread, a few favorite Christmas gifts and I have a question for you at the end …
Also, sorry about the camera not focusing correctly. I did the whole video and when I previewed it after, I realized the camera was much more excited about that fern back there than my face. I just figure it helps keep the attention off the underground pimple on my chin :)
Grab a cup of coffee and let’s chat!
MENTIONED IN THE VIDEO
- I’m sorry … I can’t stop talking about my 40 BY 40 LIST.
- TRUE SOURDOUGH BREAD E-BOOK – this is the resource I’m trying to follow and the recipe my cousin uses to make true fermented sourdough bread.
- My father-in-law’s Italian Pugliese recipe:
(Hopefully, you can read that. The last line that bled over to the next page says “check by knocking on the bottom of each loaf and listening for the hollow ring that indicates it is cooked through. Cool on wire rack.”
I followed the instructions for this bread fully EXCEPT, I use the instructions from the True Sourdough E-Book for how to cook using a dutch oven.
- My pretty green DUTCH OVEN
- ALL THE LOST THINGS – an adorable picture book with a sweet message of spreading hope.
- WHAT DO YOU DO WITH AN IDEA? – such great illustrations (watch the ‘idea’ grow bigger and color show up at the turn of each page!) and a perfect story for all the idea people.
- These LEG WARMERS are my fave. I just saw that there are more colors! I must add more to my workout/lounging wardrobe.
- My beloved ELECTRIC BLANKET. There is nothing pretty or fancy about it … but it sure keeps me cozy warm while laying on the couch.
QUESTION OF THE DAY: do you have any teenage parenting resources you love and think our family would as well? I’d love to hear.
Anything else you want to chat about? Let’s talk in the comments …