Okay, so I feel a little dumb for starting something new and then quitting after only trying it twice … but, coffee chat live was just not the best fit. For me, and maybe for you, too.
We’re going back to the old way – a 10ish minute video every couple of weeks posted on a Friday. Because maybe I’m a little bit of a creature of habit and maybe it just works better this way.
In today’s video, I’ll tell you more about why the live coffee chats were not quite right, I have a stack of books to tell you about and what’s coming up this weekend. I filmed this one on a slightly sunny day (hallelujah! non-gray skies don’t happen much around here in the winter!) on our big comfy couch with my sick baby #2 upstairs (ugh, this flu season is bad).
So grab your cup of coffee and let’s chat!
MENTIONED IN THE VIDEO
- New LOVE STAMPS. So adorable. Everything RIFLE PAPER CO. does is my fave.
- Jamie Ivey wrote a new book and I think it’s great (see the trailer and more details about it HERE). It’s called IF YOU ONLY KNEW.
- If you are a Seattle local, come to JAMIE’S BOOK TOUR EVENT!
- I’m excited to read the second book in The Peachtree Bluff series called THE SECRET TO SOUTHERN CHARM. It officially releases in April, but you can get caught up with book one called SLIGHTLY SOUTH OF SIMPLE.
- AGE OF OPPORTUNITY is the new book I bought to figure out how to parent teenagers :)
- My morning devotional NEW MORNING MERCIES (which I am loving) is by the same author.
- Looking for more PARENTING RESOURCES? There are so many great suggestions in the comment section of this coffee chat.
- The MERCY WATSON series is adorable.
- We really love the stories and illustrations by CHRIS VAN DUSSEN. So much that I wrote a post about his books (right here).
- Also by Kate DiCamillo (I’m sure I botched the pronunciation of her last name in the video): BECAUSE OF WINN-DIXIE, THE TALE OF DESPEREAUX, FLORA & ULYSSES, THE MIRACULOUS JOURNEY OF EDWARD TULANE
- Lent officially starts Wednesday, February 14th, but the SHE READS TRUTH LENT STUDY begins on Monday. And it does look like you can still order a book! Or just follow along online HERE or on the app HERE.
- HOORAY FOR THE OLYMPICS! Here’s the FULL SCHEDULE if you are a crazy Olympics-loving girl like me.
Thanks for watching, friends!
If you have anything you want to talk about in an upcoming coffee chat or as a blog post, please reply in the comments and I’ll do my best to get it on the schedule.