This little series called Five Things Friday is something I’ve been doing every once in a while over on Instagram. Just five things I’m thinking about or things that made my week or caught my attention or that I feel like sharing.
I’ve been thinking a lot lately about blogging. Part of me really misses the olden days of just popping on with a few words and a picture and talking about our days (see #5 for more on that). So I decided that instead of just using Instagram as a place to share and connect about the little things in life, I’d like to do that here, too.
So here you go, five things to chat about on this first Friday of 2019.
1. At the beginning of the week, I was definitely NOT ready to take down the tree and wreaths and lights on the house. Slowly, however, the desire to clean it all up has been coming. Today, I’m ready to let it all go. I think I just needed a few extra days before feeling like I was ready for the new year.
2. Thank you for all of the kind words this week about my daily painting practice (I’m posting one per day on Instagram using this hashtag). It is something I’m doing to get better at art and has been a happy moment in my day since starting. I think I’m going to like the routine.
3. I did not, however, like the sketch on day two and almost started a new one. Then I realized, THE WHOLE POINT OF THIS EXERCISE IS TO PRACTICE! Of course, I’m not going to love every single one and get the scale or color or shadow perfect right from the start. That’s the whole point of doing a daily sketch!
4. I went from a decaf vanilla extra hot latte drinker to a decaf extra hot latte drinker and now am solidly in the decaf american0 with a splash of foamed cream camp. Are my tastebuds changing or am I becoming my grandmother who took her coffee black?!
5. I started blogging 10 years ago and over those years things have changed a lot. Truthfully, I kind of miss the olden days of blogging (and blog reading). Less scrolling, more lingering. Fewer how-tos and Pinterest-worthy images and topics and more random life. How do you feel about it? Are you still into blogs or totally over them? Do you think they’ll make a comeback or are they the think of the past?
These are my friday ponderings …