So, we’re headed to the beach. The beautiful, gorgeous hawaiian island sands of Maui. I can’t wait.
In prepping for this vacation, I’ve been searching high and low for favorites to wear on the beach and in the water. Here are a handful of my top picks. Maybe a few will make their way into your wardrobe for the summer:
1. J.Crew Beach Tunic. Lightweight, darling, covers the bum.
2. Bobbi Brown sunglasses. I have a petite face and her designs are made especially for us small-headed women. I still look a bit like a bug in them, but what can you do.
3. Starbucks Gradient Gold Cup Tumbler . For proper hydration, of course.
4. San Diego Hat Company Ribbon Hat. I like a wide-brim hat to shield my face from the sun and this one works great because it is packable without messing up the shape.
5. Turkish blanket. Thin and perfect for pool or beach. I’ve been wanting to switch out our bath towels to these thin ones, too. Anyone have any recommendations?
6. Reef flip flops. I like a thin, leather flip flop that molds to my feet. Reefs are great.
7. Roxy Oceanside Beach Pants. Light, breezy, great to throw on over a swimsuit. I can’t wait to wear these.
Okay, and now for swimwear. I’ll be honest and say putting on a swimsuit is not my fave. It’s just so much skin! And I’m just so pale! And this poor body has birthed four children and I just like sugar too much. I’ve been working out (using this method and GUESS WHAT?! I just tried yesterday and I reached my goal of 10 real push-ups! That Tracy. She’s the best.) to get myself more beach ready and I’ve shopped around for the best suits to suit my body. Here’s what I’ve come up with:
1. Athleta Pacifica Rash Guard. To throw on over a two-piece while snorkling. Or to just wear because it fits really cute.
2. Anthropologie Ruffled Halter Maillot I actually bought this last year in blue (no longer available) and love how it covers, but still feels fun and flirty.
3. Athleta Shirrendipity Halter Tankini. Have you ever tried Athleta swimwear? It’s super thick and stretchy and holds you in nicely. I highly recommend.
5. Gap hipster bikini bottoms. I bought them in stripes as shown and in solid navy. They are the perfect fit for me.
6. Seafolly Goddess Bandeau top + hipster bottoms. This is my one risky/slightly uncomfortable choice. But I’m going with it. This swimsuit fits nicely and is well made (hence the price) and Ryan likes it, so I’m going with it.
There’s my go-to list of beach + swimwear. Do you have any favorites for summer? Do share!