You all know I’m a forever-and-always neutral girl. But mixed in, I usually have a certain color I’m drawn to at the moment. Sometimes it’s blue (usually it’s blue), sometimes mustardy-yellow, once it was orangey/peach. Right now, I’m feeling emerald green.
This deep, pure, bright-ish-but-not-too-bright green feels so fresh and early fall and compliments my skin tone and hair (I’m vain like that). My approach to color is not to over do it – just a touch goes a long way when everything else is neutral. It’s how I decorate our home and how I dress myself. Lots of classics like denim and white and linen with texture to add interest and maybe a pop of color in an accessory like a pillow or candle or shoe.
I scoured the internet for my favorite emerald green things and I would like one of each, please. Here they are:
1. NECKLACE It’s so pretty in person. Ryan complimented me multiple times on the day I wore it, so I’ll be putting it on a lot this fall.
2. WALLET A great way to add color into your life – through your wallet or bag.
3. SHOE I just received this pair and I’m excited to add a pop of color to my neutral outfits with unexpected green shoes. Root Collective provides jobs to artisans in Guatemala who create these gorgeous shoes and a portion of all sales are donated back into the nonprofits. Learn more about The Root Collective here. Use discount code JONESCO20 for 20% off all orders.
4. PILLOW Two of these on my couch. I’m thinking yes. Plus each cover is only $12.99 so I could enjoy for a short time and not feel bad about packing them into my overflowing pillow closet when I’m done with emerald green.
5. TUNIC This shirt has long been on my shopping list. I’ve just never pulled the plug. Have you ordered from ModCloth? How was your experience?
6. LE PEN Give your envelopes or notebook a happy burst of color with a beloved pen in emerald green.
8. GEMSTONE ART I love this artwork by Naomi Ernest for Minted. I actually have the entire collection and I’ve been waiting to frame them all and hang them (hopefully next week – I’ll show you when it’s done).
10. CANDLE I burned through this candle last year and need a new one. I don’t love smelly things, but do really like this one.
11. SWEATER Throw this on with jeans and a white tee and you’ve got my favorite everyday fall outfit.
12. KNOB Bathroom vanity knobs? Nightstand drawer knobs? It’s like jewelry for furniture.
13. EARRINGS Well, aren’t these cute and understated.
Any favorite colors popping up on your love list right now?