It’s an exciting day around here … the second session of the Simplified Graphic Design course is now open!
I love offering this class to you for many reasons, but here are the top three:
1. Learning new skills is so good. We all get stuck in our routines and sometimes the best way to expand our thoughts and develop our passions is to explore new skills. The ease of online classes has made this type of learning accessible and doable and I’m so thankful to be part of this movement.
2. Learning new skills that save you time and money is even better. I mean, who doesn’t want to save time and money? That’s one of the best things about learning how to do something on your own – once you have the skill, you can confidently tackle the next project incorporating your vision and style and saving all sorts of money in the process.
3. Learning new skills that save you time and money and give you a creative outlet is the best. This is the one I linger on the longest. Whether it’s crafting or running, taking pictures or refinishing furniture, we all live better when we have creative outlets. Now I know that graphic design is not everyone’s fave, but if you’re even interested in the slightest – if you’ve played around with graphics or tried making your own stationery and found yourself loving the process – this just might be a perfect way to expand your creativity and bring a whole lot of enjoyment to your everyday.
The purpose of the Simplified Graphic Design course is to take beginners and introduce designing in a non-intimidating, non-techy, easy-to-follow way. The feedback we’ve received from the first group of students has been so positive and proves that the class is delivering! Here are just a few of those super sweet reviews:
What excites me the most is that these are ladies of different ages, different levels of experience and different purposes for learning graphic design and yet they all have found the class has sparked creativity in a new way. What a privilege to be part of this!
You’re invited to join the next group of soon-to-be graphic designers in the Simplified Graphic Design class.
Simplified Graphic Design is a course created for the beginner graphic designer who is new to Adobe Illustrator. Illustrator enables you to create professional vector artwork (images that can be scaled to any size without losing quality) for both print and web graphics. While the program can be intimidating upon first glance, this course will walk you through the most essential and helpful tools showing you how to create your own designs and leaving you with a comfortable understanding and confidence in working in Illustrator.
This is a great class for those who love graphic design and want to learn how to create their own graphics. Whether you have no experience in Illustrator or a basic knowledge of the program, you will finish the course a more proficient designer with a handful of shortcuts that will make the process simple and enjoyable. If you are well-acquainted with Illustrator, a professional graphic designer or looking for tips for creating a graphic design business, this course will not be a good fit for you.
Because most of us learn best by watching a task being done, this course is a series of eleven in-depth videos that cover all of the basic functions, most helpful tools and many tips and tricks in Adobe Illustrator useful for everyday designing. You can watch and re-watch to learn new techniques and then pause the video to practice on your own.
The course covers:
- familiarizing ourselves with Adobe Illustrator
- using the most common functions for every day designing
- how to create, transform and design with text
- using clipping masks and digital paper to create art
- turning hand drawn doodles into vector graphics
- altering images using the live trace & paint functions
- how to create shapes, templates and tags
- printing and saving your work
- the work flow of a start-to-finish invitation
- the work flow of a start-to-finish web graphic
- resources for tools, design elements and inspiration
The course and all its content takes place online in a password protected classroom. Go at your own pace, moving from section to section as quickly or slowly as needed. You will have unlimited access to the class for as long as you like so you can always refer back to it as needed.
All questions can be asked in the comment section of each topic. This will act as our forum and helpful troubleshooting for all students.
Adobe Illustrator (free 30-day trial – sign-up here)
You will have immediate and unlimited access upon registering.